Saracen Avro 2
- Building the Avro we crossed boundaries and broke rules.
- Over the past few years carbon fibre has become the material for building the fastest bikes on the planet.
- As technology and manufacturing process have evolved we found it strange that road bikes were still using decades old design for brakes and wheel axles.
- We use cross-over technology from mountain bikes in the form of thru axles and disc brakes to give sharp handling and pin-point braking.
- The Avro 02 benefits from Shimano’s new M505 hydraulic brake system along with Shimano’s 105, 11speed drivetrain. It’s a bike to push harder, ride faster and break the mould.
|Frame||Avro custom UD toray carbon / disc / mudguard eyelets|
|Fork||Full carbon / tapered steerer / mudguard eyelets / 15mm|
|Shifters||Shimano ST-RS505 2x11 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano 105 5800 SS|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano 105 5800|
|Chainset||Shimano FC-5800 36/52T 170-175mm|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB-5801|
|Cassette / Freewheel||Shimano CS-5800 11-speed cassette 12-28T|
|Rims||AlexRim Black 24/28h|
|Hubs||Sealed bearing 15mm black 24h front / 12x142mm 28h rear|
|Tyres||Maxxis Re-Fuse 700 x 28c|
|Brakes||Shimano RS785 Hydraulic Disc|
|Brake levers||Shimano RS505 Hydraulic STI|
|Handlebars||Saracen alloy drop-bar 420-440mm wide / 70mm reach / 120 drop / 31.6mm|
|Grips / Tape||Saracen 6061 90-120mm a-head / 7degree rise / 31.8mm clamp|
|Stem||Saracen 6061 90-120mm a-head / 7degree rise / 31.8mm clamp|
|Saddle||Saracen custom road|
|Seatpost||Alloy micro-adjust / 30.9mm|
|Pedals||Alloy micro-adjust / 30.9mm|
We Also Recommend